Monday, April 18, 2011

Some thoughts from John Hasse...


I don’t BLOG.      

At least until today when I viewed Retzer Camera Club’s new Blog Site and wonder if I got inspired, what could I contribute?  I’m a bit older so inspiration comes a bit slower these days, but eventually I thought:

Photos: Actually I saw that a few other members had some up already so this probably wasn’t a very original thought.  With my images I might tell why and how I took an image.  I’d try not to shamelessly promote myself.

Insights: Have I discovered something photography-related that might be of interest to others?

Reviews: I bought entry-level digital equipment waiting to see if I missed film too much and go back to it or could I venture into stepping up to better equipment.  I read interesting reviews of equipment, photography books and places to visit.  I attend photography seminars and conferences. Maybe others would benefit from shared information.

Make a ListI make lists of what camera equipment I might want to buy the-next-time-around; I make lists of my favorite photographers; I list favorite photo websites.  Maybe I just made a list of lists.

Ask a QuestionDo I need an answer to a problem or situation? Could I poll other blog readers’ thoughts, insights?

Today I eventually came around to thinking that if I ever did blog photography, I’d pass on a quote I recently saw attributed to professional photographer DeWitt Jones: “You miss 100% of all photographs you don’t take.”     ---John Hasse


No comments:

Post a Comment